* optimize-overview Optimization Overview
* query-speed Optimizing `SELECT' and Other Statements
* locking-issues Locking Issues
* optimizing-database-structure Optimizing Database Structure
* optimizing-the-server Optimizing the MySQL Server
* disk-issues Disk Issues
Optimization is a complex task because ultimately it requires
understanding of the entire system to be optimized. Although it may be
possible to perform some local optimizations with little knowledge of
your system or application, the more optimal you want your system to
become, the more you must know about it.
This chapter tries to explain and give some examples of different ways
to optimize MySQL. Remember, however, that there are always additional
ways to make the system even faster, although they may require
increasing effort to achieve.
automatically generated byinfo2html