This manual is for Gzip (version 1.3.5, 29 September 2002), and
documents commands for compressing and decompressing data.
Copyright (C) 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Copyright (C) 1992, 1993 Jean-loup Gailly
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this
document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License,
Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software
Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, with the Front-Cover texts
being "A GNU Manual," and with the Back-Cover Texts as in (a)
below. A copy of the license is included in the section entitled
"GNU Free Documentation License."
(a) The FSF's Back-Cover Text is: "You have freedom to copy and
modify this GNU Manual, like GNU software. Copies published by
the Free Software Foundation raise funds for GNU development."
* Overview Preliminary information.
* Sample Sample output from `gzip'.
* Invoking gzip How to run `gzip'.
* Advanced usage Concatenated files.
* Environment The `GZIP' environment variable
* Tapes Using `gzip' on tapes.
* Problems Reporting bugs.
* Copying This Manual How to make copies of this manual.
* Concept Index Index of concepts.
automatically generated byinfo2html