4 Using MySQL Programs
* program-overview Overview of MySQL Programs
* invoking-programs Invoking MySQL Programs
* program-options Specifying Program Options
This chapter provides a brief overview of the command-line programs
provided by MySQL AB and discusses the general syntax for specifying
options when you run these programs. Most programs have options that
are specific to their own operation, but the option syntax is similar
for all of them. Later chapters provide more detailed descriptions of
individual programs, including which options they recognize.
MySQL AB also provides three GUI client programs for use with MySQL
* MySQL Administrator: This tool is used for administering MySQL
servers, databases, tables, and user accounts.
* MySQL Query Browser: This graphical tool is provided by MySQL AB
for creating, executing, and optimizing queries on MySQL databases.
* MySQL Migration Toolkit: This tool helps you migrate schemas and
data from other relational database management systems for use
These GUI programs each have their own manuals that you can access at
automatically generated byinfo2html